4.27.2009

iHCPL #56: Twitter

To Tweet or not to tweet, that is the post. I joined Twitter about a month ago. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I am currently following about 8 or 9 people (actually, it's apparently 18 - LOL & I have 9 people following me, which is weird) including people I know as well as a couple of celebrities. I do like Wil Wheaton and get a kick out of sockington - a cat who twitters. I'm just not sure if I totally enjoy having yet another thing to follow.

I mostly installed it as an easy way to update my Facebook status (I linked my Twitter to Facebook). I also installed the Add on for Firefox called TwitterFox. That certainly makes it easy to follow people as I have a little "T" at the bottom of my Firefox browser letting me know if there are any new Tweets.

1. I don't know if I have a particular topic I want to tweet about. I generally just do a status update. I am still exploring how I am going to use Twitter.
2. I tried a couple of different searches - Vampire Fiction and Wood Turning and didn't really see anything that popped out. Right now, I will probably continue to find people I want to follow by looking for references from other people.

No comments: