4.27.2009

iHCPL #55: Facebook

Well, since I wrote this post, I'm just going to go through the exercises.

1. I've had a Facebook account since we did social networking back in the original iHCPL.
2. At this point, I have 100+ friends. I actually just added a friend yesterday that someone had suggested to me. I do regularly review suggestions, although some of them can be odd (e.g. I have NO desire to be "friends" with Mayor Bill White)
3. I've become much more selective recently in adding applications. My favorites are: My Fairyland, Vampire Wars, Mousehunt, Pet Pupz, and Cute Catz. Since Facebook's redesign, I have come to hate applications that post multiple times to the home page. For example, Peeps was really bad about this.
4. I have recently reduced my use of Facebook. I used to be on all the time. Now, I am usually on for a little while when I get home to play with my favorite apps and check in with my friends. Then I'm off.

Overall, I love Facebook. It's let me connect and reconnect with a variety of different people from all aspects of my life from Elementary School up through HCPL folks. Very cool.

No comments: