9.14.2007

10 Questions

There was an interesting post on the Sites and Soundbytes blog the other day about 10 questions to ask new administrators, which came from David Lee King's blog. I actually think based on the questions that we should go beyond just using this for administrators, what about other positions? Technology is simply too important today to ignore whether people use it or not. I can answer yes to most of these and hopefully most HCPL staff will be able to answer yes to at least some of them after iHCPL.

  1. Do you read blogs. YES Which ones? Blogroll
  2. Do you have a personal blog? YES. What’s it about? Right now I'm figuring that out, but it's a bit of a mish mash. I'll certainly be doing posts relating to iHCPL.
  3. Do you participate in at least one social network? YES Which one? Facebook, LibraryThing
  4. Have you ever uploaded a video online? YES What did you use to do it? YouTube
  5. What’s your favorite search engine. Google Why? I've used it for years. I like that I can do a lot with it including image and news searches. I am very comfortable with it. I will use other search engines as needed.
  6. Have you ever used an online classified service like craigslist? Yes, we've bought (Table Saw) and sold (riding mower) using Craigslist.
  7. Besides making phone calls—how else do you use your mobile phone? I actually only use it to make phone calls.
  8. Have you ever registered a domain name? Yes, I've registered several.
  9. Do you use social bookmarks or tagging? Yes, I have a del.icio.us account.
  10. Do you use a feed reader of some sort? Yes Which one? Bloglines Why? I like that it is online and can therefore use it anywhere. I email posts extensively from Bloglines to myself and other people. I was just trying out Bloglines Beta today and was happy to see they had added an email feature, although there are still several bugs to work out.

No comments: