9.17.2007

Week 2: #4 Online Safety

This is a topic I feel very familiar with at this point. I've been actively involved in the group preparing Internet safety programming for the library. As part of that, we developed a page - linked in the exercise - for the main website on Internet Safety. Being online opens you up to the wide world. On this blog, it should be pretty obvious to just about anyone from HCPL, who I am. I have used my first name and listed my position. That said, I don't show an email address or other personal information to protect myself.

I am currently exploring a couple of social networking sites. On those sites I am listed by first and last name, but again, my contact information is private. When exploring the wonders of the web, you need to decide how much to share of yourself.

No comments: