3.07.2008

iHCPL - Next Gen Sound #26 - To Make Sweet Music

Could I compose music, exercise 26 challenged me to see if I could. I first tried out Splice and just couldn't figure it out, so I gave up. Next, I went on to JamStudio and had a blast. My creation, based on Beethoven's Ode to Joy can be found here. I was initially surprised that it was chords, although that makes sense, so what I bang out on the piano as single notes, became chords, but it actually sounds pretty nifty, if I do say so. I found JamStudio really easy to use, although it would probably help to have some music knowledge to use it.

I also looked at Qloud, which integrates with and creates a playlist for your Facebook page. I'll have to play with this a bit more as I didn't see many artists I liked in the first perusal, but it's an interesting concept.

No comments: