11.17.2007

Week 9: #21 Podcasts

I looked at PodcastAlley and found a couple of Podcasts that fit my tastes. First I tried then I tried Splendid Table: Kitchen Questions, then I tried MuggleCast. Frankly, podcasts just don't appeal to me, but then I'm not much on talk radio. I can see the appeal, it's just not for me. I think in part because I'm more of a visual or kinesthetic (need to be doing something) learner. What's funny, is I really do like audiobooks, but I think because it's a story is why I like it.

While they don't personally appeal to me, I think it's something we need to seriously look at for the library. When Linda and I gave a presentation on iHCPL at the UNT All school Day for Houston, one of the presenters said they use podcasts in the schools because they don't have to worry about a child appearing on camera. It's also a bit simpler to deal with. Something to think about.

No comments: