11.17.2007

Week 9: #22 The Joys of Downloadable Media

Since I am intimately familiar with the HCPL Digital Media Catalog, I decided to look at LibriVox. I though the selection of free recorded books was excellent considering that all of them had to be recorded by someone. While they aren't up to the quality of a professionally recorded book, they aren't bad. I took a brief listen to two different titles, one of which was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë - one of my favorite books. My two issues with this site are that there were multiple different readers for the book and that each chapter begins with a notation of what the recording is. I'm glad this resource is out there, but I think I will stick to the Digital Media Catalog for my recordings. Right now I'm listening to A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton and have been listening to Tamora Pierce's Tortall books - which I adore.

No comments: