11.09.2007

Week 8: #19 Zoho

So, I'm trying out Zoho Writer.  At home, I don't have Word - or at least I don't want to pay for it - so this may be a good alternative when I need to write a document.  I also like that it will publish to a blog, although I have to say I'd probably just write directly on a blog. 

Let's see what it will do:

Bold - Underline - Italic - I like that it did that using standard keyboard commands (I'm a keyboard person)
Fonts: Verdana, Palantino Linotype, Small Font,  Comic Sans, - Not a bad selection for documents.
Harley

It will do a text box - to the left is a picture of Harlequin AKA Harley, who Patrick has fallen in love with and we are keeping.

Update: Well, to get it to look halfway decent on the blog I had to remove text boxes and the larger type.  That said, I still think this is a cool program and will be using it at home.  I do like that when I click publish - after the innitial time - it updates the post.

Overall, this is a pretty cool program.  It has it's limitations, but it's something I'll be sharing with Patrick since he is a writer and I'm not.  Very cool!

No comments: